We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is accurate but accept no liability for any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever from or connected to use of this website, or the information on this website or any website to which it is linked.
We reserve the right to edit or remove any content on our website.
We use third parties to provide services for the operation of this website including Campaign Monitor for electronic alerts and Matomo for website analytics. Refer to those services for their terms and conditions of use.
The GCSB and NZSIS logos, and any other GCSB or NZSIS trade mark or logo may not be used without prior written permission from the GCSB or NZSIS respectively.
Images used on this website are stock photos, do not feature NZIC employees, and are subject to the terms and conditions of the stock imagery provider, unless otherwise noted.
We may collect information about your online interaction with our websites.
If you choose to provide personal information through this website, including when subscribing for electronic alerts or other, this information is viewable by site administrators, our staff (where necessary), and third-party contractors who may administrate work on our website.
We may collect the following information (either directly or through third parties) about your use of our website:
- Your IP address
- The search terms you use
- The pages you access on our website
- Documents you download from our website
- The date and time of your access
- Device information (type, model, operating system and web browser).
We securely store information about your use of this site on private servers which are domestically hosted, unless otherwise noted. When you subscribe to updates from us about our work, the details you provide may be stored in a secure third-party database. We take steps to ensure that any providers we use can protect the personal information they store or process for us.
We retain personal information as long as it is required for the purposes for which the information may lawfully be used. Where any information constitutes public records, it will be retained in accordance with the requirements of the Public Records Act 2005.
Generally, we use the information that we collect from your use of this website for statistical and website improvement purposes. We also use the information we collect where a disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Under the Privacy Act 2020, you have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information provided in connection with your use of our website and to request a correction of any personal information we hold. If you want to make such a request or have any concerns about this statement please contact:
GCSB email@example.com or
The information you provide us through this website (including your application form, CV and cover letter) contains your personal information. Our candidate application process is facilitated by Aotal Ltd (SnapHire) and your personal information will be collected by SnapHire and stored offshore prior to it being passed to the NZIC for the evaluation of your job application.
Please refer to Snaphire aotal.com/privacy.policy(external link) for details of how it will manage your personal information.
Your personal information will be managed by NZIC in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1993 and any other relevant lawful authority. NZIC will:
- Use, retain and disclose the personal information we collect from you for the purpose of considering your potential employment with us (including conducting security reviews and checking your references) and for any other lawful purpose
- Ensure that your personal information is protected by such security safeguards as are reasonably necessary to protect it from loss, misuse and unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure
- Provide you with access to your personal information unless there is a good reason to withhold such access. In this event you will be informed of the reason and will also have the opportunity to complain to the Privacy Commissioner
- Provide you with the opportunity to request a correction to your personal information
- Take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, up to date, complete, relevant and not misleading, having regard to the purposes for which it is to be used. We rely upon the accuracy of the information you provide us to help achieve this objective
- Ensure your personal information is not kept longer than is required for the purposes for which it may lawfully be used or is otherwise required to be held by law.
By submitting a job application through this website you provide consent for the NZIC to collect and use your personal information in accordance with the terms set out above. If you have any concerns about privacy issues, please contact:
GCSB firstname.lastname@example.org or
Except where specifically noted, all material on this site is © Crown copyright.
You can reproduce Crown copyright material free of charge without requiring specific permission, provided that the material is reproduced accurately and on the condition that the source of the material and its copyright status are acknowledged.
This licence does not apply to any logos, emblems and trade marks on the website or to the website’s design elements or to any photography and imagery. Those items may not be used without our express permission.
The permission to reproduce Crown copyright protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.